Find out all about our work.
[ CONSULPAV Curriculum Vitae ]
Selected Documents About Asphalt Rubber.
1. A law requiring the California Department of Transportation (CALTRANS) to use bituminous mixtures with a high percentage of rubber:
2. Letter from CALTRANS to let its designers and districts know that they should use blends with a high percentage of rubber in the wearing course, and if they do not use them, they have to justify why they did not;
3. Paper by Dr. Eng. Shakir Shatanwi and Dr. Eng. Jorge Sousa on the clear evidence that it is possible to reduce bituminous layer thicknesses when these have high rubber contents, thus making them ecologically more sustainable and less expensive;
4. Paper by Jorge Sousa, by Prof Jorge Pais, Dr Rachid Saim and George Way entitled “Development of a Mechanistic-Empirical Based Overlay Design Method” showing a new method of pavement reinforcement design for cracks reflection control including modified mixtures with rubber;
5. Ana Francisco Master’s thesis showing the use of bituminous layer thickness design methods through cracks reflection control in which it is demonstrated that mixtures with a high percentage of rubber do not require such high thicknesses;
6. Silvrano Adonias Dantas Neto PhD Thesis on Evaluation of Properties of Binders and Modified Asphalt Mixtures with Granular Rubber from Used Tires;
7. Master’s thesis by Professor Elvira Joana Ferreira Peralta on “Study of Interaction between Bitumen and Rubber;
8. Liseane Padilha Thives da Luz Fontes PhD Thesis on Performance Optimization of Bituminous Mixtures with Rubber Modified Bitumen for Pavement Rehabilitation;
9. LNEC standards on blends with rubber asphalt:
- MBA-BMB – Misturas Betuminosas para Pavimentos Rodoviários e Aeroportuários;
- MBR-BMB – Misturas Betuminosas para Pavimentos Rodoviários e Aeroportuários;
10. Duarte Manica’s Master thesis on the advantages of using mixtures with reacted and activated rubber.