Rubberized Asphalt Rubber 2015 (RAR2015) Conference Call for Papers
The RAR2015 Conference is the 2015 installment of Asphalt Rubber Conferences. RAR2015 is the next Conference in the series of Asphalt Rubber Conferences which have included: AR2000 Portugal, AR2003 Brazil, AR2006 Palm Springs, AR2009 China and AR2012 Germany. The name of the Conference has changed in recognition of the significant changes in the state of the art and practice that have taken place in the recycling of scrap tires in asphalt and asphalt paving. RAR2015 will be held in Las Vegas, at the Luxor Hotel, October 4-7, 2015. In the previous Conferences the main focus of papers was with regard to the ASTM defined asphalt rubber material, i.e. asphalt binder materials containing 15 percent or more of scrap tire rubber.
RAR2015 will focus on any and all rubberized asphalt materials containing scrap tire rubber, from a low percentage such as 5 percent to higher percentages above even 20 percent. Since there have been so many recent significant changes in the testing, specifying and application of scrap tire rubber in asphalt this Conference's focus is literally on all types of asphalt binders or asphalt hot mixes containing any percentage of scrap tire rubber, as well as both wet and dry applications. In addition both generic and proprietary rubberized asphalt products can be reported.
The Conference is looking for rubberized asphalt papers that fall in any of the following categories:
- New methods of testing of rubberized asphalt binders
- PG grading of rubberized asphalt binders
- Mechanical testing of asphalt hot mixes (wet and dry) containing rubberized asphalt binders
- Paving uses of rubberized asphalt binders with any types of mixes, dense graded, gap, open, SMA and others
- Preservation application of rubberized asphalt binders such as seal coats, slurry seals, all others
- New innovative methods of making, applying or constructing with rubberized asphalt
- Environmental applications of rubberized asphalt such as to reduce noise or saving energy
- General discussions about scrap tire rubber as applied to rubberized asphalt
As can be seen the RAR2015 Conference is casting as broad a net as possible regarding rubberized asphalt rubber papers.
Authors are advised that English is the Conference language. Abstracts should be no more than 500 words. Typically the papers should be no more than 20 pages in length. Authors are encouraged to include figures in color. Authors of abstracts that are selected for paper preparation will be advised of the Conference official format. Abstracts are due by July 31, 2014. Abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors will be advised if they should prepare a paper by October 31, 2014 and final papers will be due by March 31, 2015.Accepted papers will be included in the Conference book and on a CD. On behalf of the Conference we look forward to the RAR2015 Conference being the most comprehensive Conference on the beginning of a new era of Rubberized Asphalt Rubber usage.